- 5 Cups Kale, chopped
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil (or vegetable broth for oil free option)
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional yeast
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- a Pinch of Red pepper flakes
- 16 oz. Pasta
- 4 Vegan sausages, sliced (I used Field Roast)
- Vegan Parmesan for topping, I used Violife Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped kale and garlic cloves with the olive oil(or if you want an all oil free option, use veggie broth) and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Rub the olive oil all over the kale and massage it in to make sure the kale is all moist.
- Pour the kale and garlic on to a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. The kale should be nice and soft. Remove from the oven when done.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta when done.
- If you are adding vegan sausage, slice and brown on each side in a non stick pan while the pasta is cooking. Set aside.