I’ve mentioned it before, but I really think my best ideas come to me while I’m in the shower. Strange, yes I know. Maybe that’s my few minutes of the day that I have to myself so that I’m able to actually think about things for more than 30 seconds at a time. Well, a couple of months ago, I had this idea come into my head. How about a week full of red velvet recipes to prepare us for Valentine’s Day? Some people do tons of sweets the weeks before Christmas, but me – I’ve reserved mine for Valentine’s Day!!
So, this week I will have all sorts of red velvet goodness. 5 recipes, to be exact. I’ll be taking a break from the red velvet on Friday, since February’s Cookbook of the Month didn’t have a red velvet recipe in it, but I’ll finish off the week on Saturday with my last red velvet recipe. (And I’ll also be bringing you this month’s Cookbook of the Month review later today!) What better way to prepare for Valentine’s Day than with lots of red?
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare cake batter as directed. Pour batter into a greased 13×9-inch pan.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 1 minute or until creamy. Add yogurt, powdered sugar, and lemon zest. Beat 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Cover and chill.
for full recipes please see : www.tasteandtellblog.com