These deliiiiiicious cupcakes are in honor of The Rustic Willow‘s 1 year blogiversary! Hooray! A few other bloggers and I are celebrating with yummy cake/cupcake recipes, and a fabulous giveaway. Scroll to the bottom of this post to enter!
For these cupcakes, you have 2 options – you can make regular chocolate cupcakes with no filling, or you can bake a Reese’s peanut butter cup inside. This all depends on how big your sweet tooth is 🙂 I prefer them without the Reese’s cup inside, but my husband claims that with the Reese’s, they are the absolute perfect cupcakes. He thinks I’m crazy for thinking otherwise! So you can choose what you want to do, or try both ways and see which one you like better!
The cupcakes are topped with a homemade peanut butter frosting, and chocolate and peanut butter drizzles. And because stopping there would just be ridiculous, they are also topped with a mini peanut butter cup 🙂
Not only are these cupcakes a little slice of heaven for your tastebuds, they are also pretty darn fancy looking, without too much effort! Win-win, my friends.
- Chocolate cake mix (and accompanying ingredients)
- 24 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 2 Sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1⅓ cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 7 Tbs heavy cream, divided
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs butter
- 24 Reese’s peanut butter cup unwrapped minis
- Make cake batter as directed, and preheat oven to designated temperature.
- Prepare muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray, or inserting 24 cupcake liners.
- Pour a layer of batter in the bottom of each liner and top with a Reese’s peanut butter cup. Top with more batter, until liner is about ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake as directed, and cool completely.
- To make frosting, cream together 1 cup butter and 1 cup of peanut butter in a stand mixer, until well blended.
for full recipes please see : takingcareofmonkeybusiness.com