It’s spring – and thus it’s the season for light, refreshing flavors.
Homemade lemon curd is just one way to bring lemon flavor to light and curd makes any dreary day a bit cheerier. Not to mention elegant! Adding lemon curd to yogurt, dolloping it on top of a piece of cake or toast, or mixing it into a simple panna cotta simply makes the day feel just that much more civilized.
Perfect lemon curd isn’t difficult. If you’ve got a 100% stainless-steel or glass mixing bowl that will easily nest inside a sauce pan without touching the bottom, your job will be extra-easy. I tend to keep a set on hand (this one, in fact) with multiple sizes so I can easily fit a bowl properly inside any saucepan.
And best of all, this can be done with any citrus fruit. Just swap out whatever flavor you’d like.
(In fact, you can use almost any fruit, provided you are able to extract only the juice without any pulp.)
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
- Cream the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the honey and beat until fluffy and light.
- Add the yolks one at a time, beating well to incorporate after each addition.
- Sprinkle in the salt; then reduce the speed to low and gradually add the lemon juice so as not to splash. Mix until homogenous, but don’t worry if the mixture looks curdled at this stage.
for full recipes please see : nourishingjoy.com