This Boozy Oreo & Chocolate Cream Milkshake is a straight up “eat your feelings” situation. Giant scoops of chocolate ice cream are blended with whole milk, heavy cream, Oreo cookies, chocolate liqueur, and vodka. This “eat your feelings” milkshake is topped with more scoops of chocolate ice cream, Oreo cookies, and melted chocolate!
I’m turning 39 in a few days. I’m not really sure, I may be mistaken – but I think I’ve been eating my feelings.
I know what you’re about to say – 39 ain’t nothin’ but a number.
39 is now child bearing age.
And yes, 39 is just a number.
And yes, women my age are popping out children for the first time – And that’s amazing.
To me, however, 39 is a pretty high number. To me, this means I am almost middle age. When I look at my life, sometimes this means I haven’t experienced enough.
It means I have more living to do.
And this really, really hit me.
So I may or may not be eating my feelings a little.
Flow with me, let’s talk about this Boozy Oreo & Chocolate Cream Milkshake.
A couple of weeks ago I was out with my very grumpy teenager and my overzealous eight year old.
Do you have teens at home? Can someone please tell me when this grumpy sullen stage will finally end?
Anyway, after a full day of shopping we were STARVING. And I don’t know about you, but walking around with two children on two far ends of the emotional spectrum as hunger steadily increases is a bit hard to swallow. I was at my wits end, people. The closest thing to us was a Shake Shack and I made a beeline towards it. I may have dragged a kid.
- Chocolate ice cream – 4 very large scoops
- Whole milk – 2 tablespoons
- Heavy cream – 2 tablespoons
- Oreo cookies – 4-5
- Chocolate liqueur – 1 tablespoon
- Pinch of salt
- Vodka – 1 ounce
- Chocolate ice cream (to serve) – 3 scoops
- Oreo cookies (to serve)
- Melted chocolate (to serve)
- To a blender add the chocolate ice cream, whole milk, heavy cream, Oreo cookies, chocolate liqueur, salt, and vodka. Blend on high until smooth, yet thick. Add more milk if you prefer your milkshakes on the thinner side. I like the vein on my forehead to pop, but you do you.
for full recipes please see : www.mind-over-batter.com