Fantastic is definitely a word to describe these dulce de leche banana cupcakes with chocolate frosting because I think everyone should make them immediately after reading this post.
Super moist and tender banana cupcakes are filled with dulce de leche then topped off with chocolate cream cheese frosting. I challenge you to think of anything better than that. It’s seriously my new favorite cupcake recipe and I hope it’ll be yours too.
By the way, in case you haven’t seen it before, dulce de leche comes canned and can be found at many grocery stores in the Latin food section. The most common brand is Nestle (it’s packaged in a tin can).
I’ve also seen higher end versions at specialty stores like Sur la Table, Williams-Sonoma, and World Market. You can also make your own dulce de leche with sweetened condensed milk.
For the banana cupcakes:
- 1 cup (127 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- About 1/4 cup prepared dulce de leche
- For the chocolate cream cheese frosting:
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (57 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups (375 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (43 grams) good-quality cocoa powder
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
for full recipes please see : www.handletheheat.com