Want to make apple pie for friends and family who are coming over but don’t want to go through all the fuss of making a homemade pie? This caramel apple dip is for you. Next to buying a frozen pie, this doesn’t get much simpler. And who doesn’t love a good, sweet dip?
It is a perfect party food for your upcoming holiday parties or tailgating fun. AND, I also show you how to make Homemade Cinnamon Chips! Woot!
Confession: This is the first time I have ever used an apple peeler, corer & slicer. I have always done it by hand. I think I am hooked. Plus, I love how small I can chop the apples for this dip.
Now, this next part will be hard because you have to open the container of Marzetti’s Caramel Dip and resist the urge to eat it by the spoonful. Ha!
for the dip:
- 5 cups peeled & finely diced granny smith apples
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 15 oz container caramel dip divided use
- for the cinnamon chips:
- 10 flour tortilla shells
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- cinnamon sugar 4 tbsp. sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon
- For the dip: Add chopped apples into a 3-quart (or larger) slow cooker and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Spoon 3/4 of the caramel dip (save the rest for later) on top of the apples. Stir until combined.
for full recipes please see : www.thecountrycook.net