- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm whole milk
- 1 cup full fat plain greek yogurt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter, melted and divided in half
- 2-4 cloves garlic, grated
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed herbs (such as parsley, cilantro, chives, and/or dill)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water, honey, and yeast. Let sit for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture begins to bubble on top.
- Add the milk, yogurt, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using the dough hook, mix until the flour is completely incorporated, about 2-4 minutes. The dough should be sticky. Dust lightly with flour and knead the dough into a ball using your hands. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour, until doubled in size, or if not using right away, overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to cook divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Using a rolling pin, roll each piece of dough into a large oval, about 8 inches long and about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with the remaining dough.