A graham cracker crust, chocolate pudding, and a marshmallow topping make this Chocolate S’mores Pudding Cake the perfect summer dessert for picnics and parties.
By now you know that I love all things s’mores, but I still do not love the sticky mess that comes from kids roasting marshmallows.
Even with older children comes the scariness of a pointy stick and fire. It must be the mom in me that cringes when those two things get together. I realize that I am not alone in this aversion to how s’mores are made when I talk with friends.
But there is something about the summer, and the need for all things s’mores. I have been having fun creating s’mores that do not need campfires to be enjoyed this summer.
A poke cake is exactly what it sounds like. You bake a cake and then while it is warm, you POKE it with a fork or the end of a wooden spoon.
This creates holes or pockets for a filling to collect. Sweetened condensed milk, Jell-O, or pudding are usually the three things you drizzle into those holes.
Since graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows are the three components of a good s’mores, I made sure this chocolate poke cake had plenty of each.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 box chocolate cake
- 1 – 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 – 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 – 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 3 full size Hershey chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker chunks
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
for full recipes please see : insidebrucrewlife.com