Ahhh…the first day of February. I don’t know about you, but I’m so ready for this winter business to be over with. And now that January 2016 is officially dunzo, I’m feeling livelier and more anxious than ever for spring to finally be in the air.
And yet, we still have at least ONE more month to get through before we’re even close to basking in the sun’s warm rays and long evening nights. Lucky for you though, February’s a month filled with love, appreciation, and most importantly….CHOCOLATE!!! Which brings me to….
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Puppy Chow!
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz) bag pink Candy Melts
- 6 cups chex cereal squares
- 2/3 cup sprinkles*
- strawberry wafer cookies (optional)
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- In a large ziploc bag, add the cake mix and powdered sugar; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat the candy melts in the microwave until smooth. Add the chex cereal and sprinkles, and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour chex mixture into the large ziploc bag, seal, and shake to coat. Discard excess powder, then pour puppy chow onto large baking sheet and scatter into an even layer. Sprinkle the optional wafer cookies over the puppy chow.
for full recipes please see : www.abajillianrecipes.com