OK, friends. I have a special recipe to share with you today. These Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes were one of those recipes that was swimming in my head for awhile. But I didn’t allow these to stay in my head for long. Just a few days after I put these together in my mind, we had a weekend full of three parties. When those kind of weekends roll around, I bake up serious amounts of desserts, because I know I can take them to the parties and not end up eating the decadent treats all myself. I like to spread around the calories and not keep them all to myself, ya know?
If you love chocolate cake, caramel, pecans, chocolate chips and chocolate buttercream, you’ll be so happy to meet these little Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. The chocolate cupcakes themselves have a gooey caramel filling, chocolate chips and pecans throughout.
- 1 Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix 16.25 ounces
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup milk 2%
- 1 bag Kraft Caramel Bits 11 ounces
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 recipe Chocolate Buttercream
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips and extra chopped pecans if desired, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the dry cake mix, eggs, 1 stick of softened butter and milk.
- Beat this on low to medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl, as needed.
for full recipes please see : www.tastesoflizzyt.com