- This blueberry cupcake is so striking, people will take notice. The special magic ingredient is freeze dried blueberries, available at Whole foods, Trader Joes, or Amazon. There are no artificial colors or flavors to make this cupcake and instead it relies on the gorgeous natural color of blueberries.
WARNING: Most freeze dried fruit comes with a packet of silica gel in it. DO NOT pulverize it. Remove the tiny white packet before pulverizing.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1.2 oz (34 grams) freeze dried blueberries, pulverized in a mini food processor
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pureed fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with liners.
- Mix together flour. baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, mix together buttermilk, blueberry puree and vanilla extract. Set aside until needed.
for full recipes please see : www.instructables.com